GoCamp is the biggest volunteer programme in Eastern Europe, where volunteers from the whole globe motivate kids to learn foreign languages and introduce the world to children from all over Ukraine.
The language camp will give children from small towns and villages a great opportunity to become real team players, critical thinkers and tolerant people who are ready to work in a multicultural environment. While completing challenging projects and tasks and improving their knowledge of English students will have a lot of fun outdoor activities. Within the programs designed for the camps, children will not only get informative and useful knowledge but will also have a lot of fun with classmates and GoCamp volunteers!
GoCamp lasts for two weeks (the duration of participation might be discussed individually) plus 4 days of training.
In total, a volunteer spends in Ukraine within the project up to 18 days.
May 30 - June 14
- session dates include a training session on May 30 - June 02
- May 30 - arrival day, airport pick-up is provided ONLY starting from this date
August 9 - August 23
- session dates include a training session on August 9-11
- August 9 - arrival day, airport pick-up is provided ONLY starting from this date
The programme might include the following activities (depends on the agreement with the school and volunteer’s cooperation with the teacher):
- Work on socially useful projects
- Games, speaking and cinema clubs (you can offer your own discussion topics and agree with the teacher on the topics and programmes)
- Involvement in English (or another foreign language) and other subjects classes (tentatively agreed with the subject teacher and providing you are interested in such an activity)
- Excursions (providing the school and the volunteer are eager to)
- A school event aimed to share cultures and experiences.
What is expected of GoCamp Participants
- develop and provide beforehand
- an idea of the project and the steps of its realization within the camp
- a schedule of volunteer’s visits and participation in the classes and an indicative list of topics for a volunteer to prepare
- a list of discussion topics, speaking clubs, and meetings
- a plan of excursions, their aims and the level of volunteer’s involvement
- attend the training where the teachers will get the materials, workshops, and a session of discussions with our speakers
- provide the volunteer with an accommodation (host family is preferred), meals twice a day at least, and all the resources required for volunteering work during the program duration
- provide the documents
- pay a 75$ fee
- complete a homework:
* сountry presentation (simple and interesting for children facts about volunteer’s native country, perhaps in a form of presentation);* preparing materials for the project work and lessons after discussing the program with the teacher
- discuss the program offered by the school teacher and present own ideas
on how it might be improved
- attend a training session
- take an active part in camp activities
and their organization
NB: The teachers are responsible for the development of the program and they play the main role in the preparation and implementation of the activities. The volunteer assists the teacher, gets involved in the camp activities and might offer his/her ideas concerning the program. The main task of the volunteer is to motivate children to communicate in a foreign language. That’s why, during the camp, a volunteer is supposed to work in a team of students while at discussion clubs, a volunteer might have a role of a moderator or a leader for the class.
- develops the requirements for the GoCamp AfterSchool program the school representatives are going to develop
- organizes GoForum and training for teachers
- selects the schools who will participate in the project according to the rating
- provides informational support to the volunteers and schools before the beginning of the project
- provides volunteers with support in visa issues
- provides volunteers with logistic support
- matches volunteers with the school and establishes communication with them
- organizes a training for volunteers